IRI THESys seeks motivated individuals across the world to join its interdisciplinary and international team. It offers employment opportunities for students and research assistants, personnel in administration, junior and senior researchers and many more.
Student Assistant Position
IRI THESys is looking for a Student Assistant (m/f/d) for the DFG project “Past-proofing infrastructure futures” (PI: Prof. Timothy Moss).
We are looking for a student assistant to support the research and outreach activities of a novel project exploring how infrastructure histories can be mobilized to inspire transformative agendas in Berlin today (start: 19 February 2024, end: 19 March 2025). The position is for 40 hours per month.
- Collaborate with the project’s team on “Past-proofing infrastructure futures”
- Support a literature review on ‘usable pasts’
- Conduct online searches of usable past projects in Germany
- Compile a database of relevant projects and people
- Advise on, and assist in, outreach activities with practitioner partners in Berlin
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- Knowledge of common office programmes
- Interest in how history can inform, critique and inspire more sustainable and liveable futures
Combining the post with a Masters thesis on a related topic would be welcome.
New application deadline: 10.02.2024
The legally binding German version of the job advertisement can be found here.