To support the dialogue between science and society, as well as researchers across different disciplines, IRI THESys holds both external and internal events. This includes lecture series, summer universities and panel discussions open to the public, and participative workshops, colloquiums and activities for IRI THESys. Browse through our past and upcoming events to find out more.
Edible Cities Network Conference 2023
Join the Edible Cities Network for its 2nd Annual Conference, held over three days, 15-17 March 2023 in Barcelona, Spain. Advancing the Edible City: Ideas, Practices and Systems brings together leading researchers, policymakers and city administrators, civil society actors, green city activists and entrepreneurs to explore the sustainable development of urban food systems for greener, more social, more resilient cities.
With keynote addresses, roundtable discussions and chances to discuss and network, this three-day event will explore the latest findings on the power of urban food innovation to tackle social, ecological and economic challenges within cities – including insights from international Living Labs. It will also explore the social, technical, ecological, governance and financial challenges to scaling up sustainable edible nature-based solutions (NBS) and anchoring them in current and future urban planning.
Beyond highlighting successes, potentials and next steps for further action, the event also aims to generate guidelines on how to successfully integrate edible NBS into city planning, offering ideas to decision-makers in policy and business and addressing the societal and environmental problems facing our communities and our cities today.
Whether you are a newcomer to the topic of urban food innovation, or a seasoned professional, here are just a few reasons why Advancing the Edible City is the event you don’t want to miss. Join and you’ll get the chance to:
- Hear first-hand experiences from expert practitioners in the field of urban farming, community gardening and sustainable food collectives.
- Explore recent developments, successes and challenges from international Living Labs.
- Learn about what different cities are doing to integrate edible city policies and strategies into their urban planning.
- Discover exciting and successful edible city initiatives from around the world, via the winners of the Edible Cities Network Awards.
- Network with experts and like-minded people from around the world and build alliances for more resilient urban food futures.