Olga Statnaia is pursuing her PhD at the Agricultural and Food Policy Group of the Thaer-Institute, Department of Agricultural Economics. She holds two master’s degrees in Economic Sciences from the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova (MSc) and in Global Economy from the Diplomatic Academy of the MFA of the Russian Federation. Her research was funded by the Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung.
Olga has previously worked for the Moldovan Government as a Leading Consultant in International Relations and Investments and completed internships at the German Parliament and NGOs. Nowadays Olga works with the “zivik” funding programme at Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa), which supports the transformation towards more democracy and sustainability all over the world.
- Policy design towards attaining Sustainable Development Goals in developing countries
- International cooperation for economic growth and food security
- Interdisciplinary and innovative approach to food security and agricultural policy designs in developing countries
- Inclusive transformation of agri-food governance especially in non-democratic contexts
- Post-Soviet modernisation of sectoral policies
Find Olga on LinkedIn